Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a Grizwold, er I mean, Beyers Family Christmas!

(cue the music) - "It's the most wonderful time of the year"... Well, almost. I'm having extreme technical difficulties lately. My desktop computer crashed, and that has left me in quite a bind. I was actually ahead of the game and had my Christmas newsletter all ready to go, but when the computer crashed, I didn't get a good copy printed...AND, all of my Christmas card addresses were on the hard drive! AGHHHHHHHHH! So, I think we'll be doing a "New Years" card this year!


December 13th was our family Christmas with my side, the Beyers Family, here at my house. I was SO excited because EVERYONE was here... mom & dad; Mary, Brent & Katie; Pat, Lisa, Elizabeth, Caroline, Rebecca & Samuel; Mike, myself, Ryan and Brandon. Festivities started at noon, and consisted of LOTS of eating (that's pretty much an all-day sport); a White Elephant drawing;Pat's "White Elephant" gift - it was very Grizwold-esque. He made his own wrapping paper - the infamous scene where "cousin Eddie" is emptying his RV's waste saying "Merry Christmas...the shitter was full". He even went as far as to glue cat food onto the wrapping paper (hence, my cat trying to eat it), and made it complete with a bow made of duct tape. He REALLY got into the gift exchange! By far, his was the most fun!
Mom opening Pat's White Elephant gift...


and our gift exchange...
Above... Katie
Below... Rebecca
Caroline's new shoes...Elizabeth is jealous...

Dad opening his new Nintendo DS...
Mom opening her new digital camera...

We all had a great time seeing what each other got. The boys immediately disappeared to the basement to play with all of their new toys. We had to have our annual viewing of "Christmas Vacation"; and several of us also played "Cranium", which proved to be VERY entertaining!


Katie trying to get Caroline to guess "Mt. Everest"...



Me trying to get Rebecca to guess "Babe Ruth"...


Elizabeth trying to get Lisa to guess the song "Sweet Caroline"...which is ironic because this is the song they used to announce Caroline's birth & it's one of Lisa's favorite songs!

Pat, Caroline, Rebecca & Samuel ended up spending the night...along with my parents, who stayed with us while they visited Indiana...which we thoroughly enjoyed!


We had a great time, and as always, I was sad to see everyone go home. I'm going to make a New Year's resolution to see my family more. However, with all of us having children, it proves nearly impossible at times to coordinate a time to get together that works for everyone!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!


Love, Jenni

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom