Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The vacation to end ALL vacations!


Yep, I'm just a little late posting about this, but... better late than never, right? Apparently, that seems to be my mantra.

Okay, so for Spring Break this year, we headed to Arizona (as seen from a previous post). We relaxed with my parents/grandparents/uncle for a few days, then hit the ground running! Okay, well, maybe not running... but we sure did do a lot of driving and walking!

We left AZ and hit the dusty trail for CALI-FOR-NIA!! We were on a mission to see "The Mouse". Disneyland, here we come! Okay, enough of the puns.

Mike & I have always talked about how generous my parents have been with us, and how they've treated us to many things over the years. We wanted to do the same for them. So, we took them on vacation with us! I swear to you, it was the BEST vacation ever!!!
We ended up getting 3-day park hopper passes to Disneyland and California Adventure, and even during those 3 days (well, 2.5, really), we still didn't see everything we wanted to! The weather couldn't have been more perfect for this trip.
It had been YEARS since my parents had been to anything Disney-related. Our boys were STOKED to show them around!
It was so awesome to see them be so excited, and making life-lasting memories with their grandparents. I was amazed as well. For as long as I've been alive, I have NEVER witnessed my dad go on any sort of amusement-park'ish ride. That changed on this trip. For the first time in my life, I saw my dad ride on a roller coaster. And not just one, ALL of the roller coasters... even one with a loop!!! I told my kids that this was a pretty special time!! It was like we were ALL kids again. Disney has a way of making that happen. I don't know if they spike their food/drinks with something or what... ;)

After leaving Disneyland, we headed south. We stopped at Seal Beach for a bit. How can you go to California, and not stick your feet in the ocean?! So, we did. And, it was cold. BUT, the boys didn't let that stop them -- they got in, clothes and all, and had a BALL!! They had the sand in the shorts to prove it. ha!
After leaving Seal Beach, which ironically, we never saw one seal; we headed to the San Diego area to prepare for Legoland! We stayed at a beautiful resort within walking distance to the park. Now while Legoland is awesome in it's own way, we should've done it prior to Disneyland. Or, maybe researched it a little more... our boys had pretty much outgrown it, but still had fun. It was all part of the experience, and is something we can check off of our bucket list. ;)
Mike, the boys & I flew home from San Diego, and my parents drove back to Arizona. We were all exhausted, yet totally fulfilled at the same time. Even after spending 10 days together, we were all still getting along & totally happy with each other! I think this vacation will go down in history as one of our best!!

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom