Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Monday, January 16, 2012

Chomping at the bit...

So, it's January.  It's time to reflect on all of the "resolutions" I sort of made.  After taking care of myself (sinus infection queen), taking care of Ryan, and trying to get back into the swing of a routine... I'm failing miserably.  I'm trying not to beat myself up... KA-POW!  Easier said than done, right?

In the interim, I'm surfing the 'net.  Getting ideas for new meals, organization ideas, craft ideas, fashion, you get the picture.  I should just set my home search engine page to, you guessed it, PINTEREST!

Last week, I did hold true to the trying a new recipe.  In fact, I cooked ahead, and tried a few!  My freezer is slowly getting stocked, in hopes to make my life a little easier... one step at a time.  (more details & pictures of that to follow on another post)

But, with January comes organization, right?  I found the BEST blog:  iheartorganizing  This woman has it ALL together -- I want to be like her when I grow up!  Anyway, I'm gathering ideas from her, and am hoping to put them into action.  And as I do, I'll share them.  Why?  Because if I say that I'll share them, that means I'll actually DO them.  And my house could definitely use some attention this way!  Especially after the holidays...  I'm in the "holiday hangover" stage right now.  Because everyone has been "sickly", I'm still taking down my holiday decorations.  My kids are in mourning because they're coming down.  I, on the other hand, am doing my own sort of happy dance - simply because I'm more than OVER the holidays.  It was nothing short of a circus, and a stress-filled one at that.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family, the food, the visiting... but it all happened so close together, that we were considering installing a revolving door in place of our front door.  I digress...

I want desperately to have one full week where:
1)  No one is sick. (myself included!)
2)  When I don't have any appointments to get to.
3)  When I'm caught up on all housework -- HA!  Okay, that one is a pipe dream.
4)  I can concentrate on one of these organization/craft ideas.
5)  Someone doesn't have a day off of work/school.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family... but when they're home, it throws me off-schedule, and then I feel like I'm 'off' for the rest of the week.  (that was a little bit of a whine on my part -- sorry... just speaking the truth!)

Until then, check out the blog attached at the bottom.  I promise, you won't be disappointed!!

IHeart Organizing

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom