You've heard the adage Kids say the darndest things, right?
Here is a recent conversation between the boys and I…
B: Mom, you have peach fuzz on your face.
J: (me, thinking OMG, did I sprout a beard overnight??! WTH, kid?!)
R: BRANDON! You don't say that out loud. You can't just tell a girl that she has peach fuzz on her face, right mom?
J: (still stunned that my kids are discussing the excessive amounts of hair on my face) Yes. Brandon, most girls don't want to hear that they have "peach fuzz". That might be something you'd want to keep to yourself.
B: I'm so glad I have you, mom. You're like my practice girl.
J: (visible question mark on my face) Huh?!
B: Y'know, like when I really want to talk to a girl, I'll know what to say to her because I've practiced saying it to you.
Glad I could be of service, son.
So, to all of my fellow peach-fuzz faced mom friends -- I feel you. I do. And there's nothing quite like an honest assessment of said peach fuzz coming straight from your darling offspring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ramblings from a Midwest Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment