It's that time of year... school's OUT for the summer!
Ryan completed 3rd grade, and was promoted to 4th grade; Brandon completed Kindergarten, and was promoted to 1st grade. It was a BIG day and a FUN day!
The boys each celebrated in their own way. And while we're on that subject, I just want to reflect on how I celebrated the last day of school in either Kindergarten or 3rd grade. I'm quite sure it went something like this... I rode the bus home, got a snack & played outside. However, for my kids it went a little different...
Ryan (along with several other buddies) was invited by his friend Grant, to get picked up in a LIMO at school, that would then drive them to a local bowling alley for an afternoon of fun. My, how times have changed!! I'm 35 and still have never ridden in a limo -- he's all of 8 (okay, almost 9), and now he's one up on me! ;o)
At any rate, Brandon was pretty bummed that Ryan was invited to do something & he wasn't... so, I picked him up from school, and we went to the same place Ryan went to - along with one of his friends & his mom.
The day went well, and Ryan is STILL talking about how awesome the limo was. I guess we'll have to live vicariously through him until the rest of us get the chance!
Now comes finding things to do for the summer. First off is purging everything possible for our Yard Sale this weekend. At this point, I just want to sell every single thing inside my house because I don't want to PACK it!!! ;o) If it were only that easy...
We're looking at a summer full of swimming, playing golf, going to Scout Camp, packing, and MOVING. Just thinking about it makes me tired...
Talk soon!
Jenni
No comments:
Post a Comment