Once again, I'm going to let the past go & just go with what has happened recently. Sound like a plan? Okay!
My grandparents came from Arizona to visit us Hoosiers in September. We were SO glad to see them!! I was lucky enough to score a home visit from them.
Brandon turned EIGHT on September 20th!! Where did my baby go??
We weren't able to fit in a party around his actual birthday with busy weekends and all. So, we opted to have his party on October 4th at one of his favorite places...BOUNCE PLANET!
Brandon invited his buddies & had a great time.
Bounce Planet is a really great place for children of any age to run around. It is split into 2 different "play" rooms. Each room is filled with giant inflatable playthings (i.e. slides, obstacle courses, etc...).
They can run & jump as much as they want. In fact, it's highly encouraged!! Where were these places when we were little?? Anyway, you spend 35 minutes in each play room. Then, you have a private party room where you have pizza & cake.
After you eat, then you get tokens to play video games. Again, WHERE were these kinds of places when we were little? I have to admit, I think Mike & I had just as much fun as the kids did. We each got in & jumped around with them too! Mike & I also raced each other through the obstacle courses. Let me just tell you how one obstacle course can let you know just HOW out of shape you are! However, I'm happy to report that Mike & I were neck-in-neck the entire way through it. Although, he didn't seem to be breathing nearly as hard as I was when we finished... ;) At any rate, tons of fun was had by all!!
Both boys are in swimming right now. Ryan is on a swim team of sorts through our YMCA. He is quite a powerhouse in the water! It's been amazing watching him refine his strokes & get stronger and faster with them. He swims constantly for 45 minutes M/W/F. Brandon is in regular swim lessons, and continues to improve as well! This session ends the beginning of November, and I'm hoping they'll want to continue with them!
Our family got hit with the H1N1 flu already. Ryan came home from school this past Monday (10/5) not feeling so great. By that evening, he had a fever of 100 degrees, was coughing, and was achy. Tuesday morning, his fever was up to 104.4 degrees along with all of the mentioned symptoms -- he was flat-out miserable. I called the doctor, and because of his history with asthma, they wanted to see him. So, we went. She said we could do one of two things... have him tested & because of his history with asthma, if he tested positive, he would receive Tamiflu for treatment; or do nothing & just let him ride it out. We opted for the test. The test is supposed to take 10-15 minutes for the results. Our doctor was back in at 5 minutes...he had already tested positive. Oookay. So, off to the drugstore we went to get his Rx for Tamiflu filled! While we were waiting for that, I went to the grocery store (left Ryan in the car -- doors locked, don't worry!), got the "essentials", and rented several movies. We came home, I put a tv/DVD player in his bedroom & per doctors suggestions, QUARANTINED poor Ryan in his bedroom. Now, before you start thinking I'm some terrible mother, just know that Ryan was ALL ABOUT having a TV in his room -- it's quite a novelty because Mike & I don't like TV's in the kids rooms. So he was watching movies like they were going out of style. And, when he needed something, he would... are you ready for this?... TEXT me. Kids have it so rough thesedays. ;)
I'd love to say that the flu ended with Ryan. But it didn't. I was the next victim, only to be followed very closely by Mike. By Wednesday evening, all 3 of us had assumed positions on the couch. Mike's boss sent him home on Wednesday & told him he didn't want to see him until the next week! While Mike & I didn't have it quite as badly as Ryan, it wasn't fun nonetheless. Between the 2 of us, we represented most of the 7 dwarves... snotty, sneezy, coughey, achy, pukey, poopy, and grumpy. Oh wait, these are the OTHER 7 dwarves that you don't hear about all that much. ;) We were a sight!
Today, Sunday, was the first day I ventured out of the house since I took Ryan to the doctor. Fresh air!!
So far, and we're keeping fingers & toes crossed, Brandon has escaped the flu. We really hope it stays that way. His nose was a little out of joint when he'd leave for school each day. He wanted to stay home & "have fun" like the rest of us. Hmmm, either we have a sick & twisted version of fun, or he got some erroneous information. I'm banking on the latter. That being said, Friday, he thought he needed to stay home because "his arm hurt". Sorry, unless you have a fever, you're coughing uncontrollably or your body aches so badly that it hurts to move, you're going to school! He went, but he was NOT happy about it! ;)
Here's hoping we have an UNEVENTFUL week this week!
Love,
Jenni
No comments:
Post a Comment