Well, in my last posting, I had mentioned that only 3 of us had gotten sick with the flu. With a new week came a new onset of the flu.
On Monday evening, we went to swimming, then out to grab dinner. In the middle of dinner, Brandon complained of a stomach ache. We thought, "okay, here we go..." We got home & he went right to bed. He woke up the next morning, still complaining of a stomach ache & a headache, so I kept him home from school. However, by lunchtime, he was just fine... bouncing around the house.
He woke up on Wednesday feeling fine, so he went to school.
In the middle of the night on Wednesday, Brandon crawled in bed with us. Mike & I usually brace ourselves because that means we're in for a night of kidney kicks, face slaps, and lots of wiggles! Brandon is not a calm sleeper... However, he was weirdly calm, but kept moaning & breathing in a way that only HE does when he has a fever. And guess what... he did.
I called school & let him sleep in. By the time he woke up on Thursday, his temperature was at 101. It climbed to 102.5, and I gave him some Motrin. And with the Motrin comes an entirely different kid! It's a wonder drug as far as I'm concerned!! But, once the Motrin wears off, he's a dishrag. He took a 3.5 hour nap!
Well, it's Friday, and the little man is still running a fever. It's lower today, and is hovering around 100.5 without Motrin. But he's still complaining of a headache -- and well, who could blame him. I'd have one if I had a fever too. :(
However, he was giving me a little attitude earlier today. That could mean...
1) he's tired of being sick
2) he's tired of the flu
3) he's feeling better
4) he's tired of me
5) all of the above
I'm hoping his fever leaves him soon, and that he's on the road to recovery. I'm hoping for a germ-free house!!
Take care,
Jenni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ramblings from a Midwest Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment