Pinterest addict. Hiiiiiii, Jenni!
In case you haven't jumped on this bandwagon, Pinterest has become a new passion of mine. It's a website packed full of yummy recipes, craft ideas, witty posters and just about everything in between - and you can "pin" said items & keep them organized in cute little books for future reference. If you haven't checked it out, please do so. Or wait. Maybe you shouldn't. I don't really know what advice to give you other than... beware. Pinterest, linked with Facebook is like chocolate-covered crack. I mean, I'm guessing that's what it's like. I'm an addict of many things (coffee, sleep, laughing, Facebook...), but crack is not one of them. ;)
Okay so, the point of my post is this: I've been inspired by so many things on Pinterest that I think my blog will now consist of sharing these ideas from time to time. I've tried two new recipes, have organized several areas of my kitchen, and have a whole LIST of things floating around my head of how I'm going to decorate this or that.
Lots of my friends are also fellow "chocolate-covered crack" addicts as well. And the neat thing about Pinterest is that you can follow your friends, much like Facebook, and see what they're pinning as well. It's been interesting to see how our tastes are the same, and also how different they are in many ways. Several of us have tried recipes and critiqued them... deciding if they're worth repeating, sharing, etc.
So, I think I'm going to instill "Crockpot Monday" for a while. Let's face it, who wants to worry about coming home & fixing dinner on a MONDAY? You back there in the corner with your hand up? You don't count. ;) Monday's are a little crazy for us (okay, let's throw in Wednesday's and Friday's, too -- those are swim practice nights... oh, and let's not forget about Thursday -- that's Scouts night). Ya so only Tuesdays are normal for us. We don't always get to eat dinner as a complete family. So, having something in the crockpot is really nice so even if we have to eat in shifts, something is always ready.
I am challenging myself to try a new recipe every Monday to broaden our stale menu routine we seem to have going here. Who's with me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ramblings from a Midwest Mom
1 comment:
Tried two new crockpot recipes this week. Both rated a 5 out of 10. Not bad enough to dump and call Dominos but not good enough to get a spot on a recipe card in the recipe box. I don't know if i have impossibly high standards OR people out there are more willing to eat marginally good food. On Sunday we are doing a repeat of a new crock pot recipe we tried a week or two ago that was totally awesome. I'm always open to new recipes so if you have a good one - please share!
Post a Comment