Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Gallbladder - UGH!!

There once was a girl who inherited some bum body parts. No wait, that's not the way to start a story...

Let's try again.

There once was a girl who thought all of her non-essential body parts would be gone by the time she was 40...

Okay, skip the story. Cut to the chase. I have to have my gallbladder removed - plain & simple! I've been having attacks off & on for about 2 years now. It's one of those that you think about while you're having one, then forget about them once they're gone.

A few months ago, I started having gallbladder attacks quite often. I finally mentioned them to my general practitioner last month. After examining me, she sent me for an ultrasound. I had it done on New Years Eve morning. It was determined that I have gallstones. Or as Mike likes to say, "Jenni has a lot of gall..." Either way, my gallbladder is full of it!

I met with a surgeon yesterday. He concurred that my gallbladder needs to be removed. He had openings this week, but I couldn't make the moon & stars align quite the way I needed, so we opted for next Friday, Jan. 16th.

My mom is flying in on Thursday to help out, and we're very grateful for that! Mike is sort of in a bind at work; most of our guys are activated/deployed right now, and he's the only guy in his office - so taking time off isn't really an option right now. I won't be able to drive for a week, so having mom here will ensure that the boys will get where they need to be!

So in case you're wondering where my tally of removed non-essential body parts lies; I have no:
1. Tonsils
2. Adenoids
3. Appendix
4. "Girl parts" except for one ovary
5. And as of next Friday, gallbladder

That's the latest here!
Jenni

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom