Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009!!!

We had lots of friends over here on New Years Eve this year. It was a lot of food, eating, and game playing!

It was a lot of people - 23, I think was my last count (including kids), but lots of fun was had! The adults decided to try their hand at "Guitar Hero - World Tour". After a few attempts, the little ones felt they needed to show us "oldsters" how it's done! Ryan took over on the drums so we could all get through a song!

I had gotten noise makers for the kids -- and totally underestimated their ability in annoying everyone. ;o) Some of our friends had gotten "poppers" for the kids to set off... but since they set off confetti, we suggested the kids go outside. Our back yard has a nice coating of streamers now - but it looks really festive!

We all watched "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve" and watched the ball drop. I think that was just an excuse for the kids to blow on those silly noise makers! I will definitely think twice before buying those again! ;o)
5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Ryan & his friend, Eliot (above)
My friend Tammy & me...My friend Gwen & I... Mike thought he needed to blow his noisemaker in my face. Thanks, hon!
The party was finished by about 1 a.m., and everyone was so ready for bed!! We're getting so old!! ;o)
We hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve & here's to a GREAT 2009!!
Love, Jenni

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom