We finally had our first real snow day of the school year!
Wednesday, January 28th, we woke up to nearly 12 inches of snow!! Everyone was excited!
We bundled the boys up, and off they went...
Seeing as how I was still sort of "ouchy" from my surgery, I didn't go out in the snow & play. Which also means, no pictures were taken of the boys actually PLAYING in the snow. I'm bummed that I didn't send the camera out with Mike. BUT, the snow is still on the ground, and maybe this weekend, I'll make it out to play or at least take some pictures!
I did dodge a bullet... with my restrictions of lifting/pushing/pulling, my duties of snow shoveling were defaulted to Mike & the boys! Ha ha ha!!
They went out (all THREE of my boys!) twice for at least 2 hours each time. Needless to say, that when bedtime rolled around, NO ONE questioned it. I think the boys were asleep before their heads even hit their pillows! :)
The boys were out of school on Wednesday, and had 2-hour delays on both Thursday & Friday mornings. The reason for the delays was that with 12 inches of snow, it didn't have many places to go but on the curbs. When there are 12 inches of snow on the curbs, that doesn't allow many places for kids to stand & wait for the school bus... especially the older kids who stand out in the dark waiting for the buses. So, with the 2-hour delay, it was daylight for all kids waiting, and the buses could clearly see them.
However, the bus stop isn't an issue for OUR boys because mom is too much of a wimp to stand out in the cold most mornings... so I've taken to driving them to school in the morning! Aside from not having to brave the cold, everyone gets to sleep in just a little bit longer. Yay for more sleep!!
Here's to more snow! ;)
Jenni
No comments:
Post a Comment