Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Temperance!

On Sunday, we attended the 1st birthday party of our niece, Temperance, in Xenia, Ohio. Temperance belongs to Mike's brother John, and his wife, Virginia.

Tempe diving into her very first cupcake!
Hey, this cake stuff is pretty good! Mmmmmmmm!
After eating, everyone hit the pool. Well, when I say everyone, what I really mean is all the men & the kids... ;o) The boys got tossed around by daddy & they got to swim with their cousins. I think everyone had lots of fun!

Mike's brother John & Tempe

Temperance is going to be a big sister next month! We'll keep you posted with the new baby.

After the birthday party, we headed over to West Chester, OH, to visit with Mike's oldest brother, Steve, his wife Melissa & their kids - Andrew & Megan (who were also at the birthday party). Andrew & Ryan are the same age, and Brandon & Megan are the same age... built-in playmates! We spent the night, and then all headed to Kings Island on Monday. We did our typical marathon day at the park, spending just about 8 hours there! I'd love to post pictures, but since we hit the water park in addition to the rides, I didn't bring my camera in... darn it! At any rate, we had a fun weekend & a much-needed break from the house stuff!

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom