Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Friday, March 04, 2011

New Year. New outlook. Just new in general.

Yes, it's March.  Yes, this is my first post of the year.  Yes, I'll vow to keep this up more consistently, and will probably fall off of that wagon.  Again.  Hey, it's who I am, folks.  ;)  But yes, I AM going to make a bigger effort this year!  Grandma, you need to keep nudging me, okay?  ;)

If I had a secretary, I'd be on top of this thing... but since I don't have one, and I'm a mom of 2 boys, and I'm a military wife, and I run in 20 directions at once, I'm grateful for when I actually sit down TO post!

Blogging alert... this one will be all over the place.  You've been warned.  ;)

After taking a hiatus from swim team (which has been very much welcomed), the boys have decided to go down the soccer road again.  Okay.  So we'll all go from smelling like chlorine to working on our farmer's tans.  Right on!  Dust off those lawn chairs!!  However, I will be investing in some decent golf umbrellas because as we all know, they do not cancel games for rain.  POURING rain.  Cold, POURING rain.  Cold wind, and POURING rain.  You get the picture.  And, as soon as I figure out how to clone myself & be at 2 practices or games at once, I'll let you know.

So, I never really blogged about my photography.  I think I mentioned that I wanted a whiz-bang camera, and that photography is something I had always wanted to do.  Well, I'm happy to report that I'm currently living my dream!!  I fell into it, sort of.  When one of my best friends' photographer pooped out on her, I offered my services.  I offered them because while this other woman took wonderful photos, she left my friend hanging.  You can't leave someone hanging for their beloved Christmas Card photos!  And because I had always wanted to take someone's family pictures, and because I love this friend & her family, here was my chance.  I didn't have my fancy, whiz-bang camera yet, but I took the pictures with my point-and-shoot & edited them nonetheless.  We posted them on Facebook, and the rest has fallen into place.  She jump-started my business and I will be forever grateful.  Thanks Cor-ay!!  :)

In early-to-mid November, I bought my whiz-bang camera, and I have been having a ball!!  Now, I'm still learning as I go, but wow.  What a ride so far!  I've met some A-MA-ZING families, and have made new friends.  I love meeting new people, and I have been so incredibly blessed that these people have allowed me to capture some very precious moments for them.  All of my life I've been looking at things through an invisible camera.  Now I get the chance to look at things through my new whiz-bang camera and take the pictures I've always wanted to take.  :)

On another note, have you ever just sat down & realized just how grateful you are for the people in your life?  I've been doing that a lot lately.  Last year, I made a resolution that I would quit putting time & effort into relationships where I received nothing in return.  It really opened my eyes!  It has allowed me to view these relationships in a whole new light.  It has also made it clear who really cared & who didn't.  And, that's okay.  I think I have spent so much time trying to foster relationships into being more than they were.  Turns out, some of them just weren't the "close" relationships I was looking for.  And again, that's okay!  I have been SO blessed with a group that I refer to as my "golden girls".  While there are different levels within this golden group, these are women that I can honestly say, I could not live without.  These are women that I could call at 2 a.m., and they would drop everything & come running.  These are girls that even if we don't speak for a couple of months (kids, families, and y'know, life in general), when we do, it's like there was never any gap in time.  I love these women!!  And I thank God for them every. single. day.

Okay, so I don't overdo it in one day, I'll end here.  Grandma, you can pick your jaw up off the floor now.  Yes, I blogged!!  :)

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom