is what I just gave to fill up my land yacht of a vehicle, otherwise known as my Suburban.
Today, gas was $3.47/gallon. I shop at Kroger, and for every $100 you spend, you get $.10 off per gallon of gas. So that meant I got gas for $3.37/gallon. I paid $84.85 to fill up the beast today. And sadly, it wasn't on empty.
I think to avoid sticker shock in the future, I will not let the tank get past half. I know I'll still be paying the same astronomical rate for gas, but it'll trick me into thinking it's cheaper. Hey, it's girl math. Y'know like if I spend $75 at a certain store, I get this way cool discount & this pair of shoes for FREE! It's this sort of mind trickery that gets us through the day. (or gets us those super-cute boots that we simply CANNOT live without.)
With these gas prices, I think I'll do my half-marathon training by running to & from everywhere I need to go. Kids need a ride? Run with me. Groceries? Strap them to my back. Ya, that was a good thought for about 5 seconds. Don't worry, I snapped back into reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ramblings from a Midwest Mom
1 comment:
Don't come visiting up in Seattle... we kick in an extra $0.25-0.30/gallon up here. Super fun :-)
Post a Comment