Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Thursday, November 01, 2018

Day 1 -- 20 Facts About Me

It's the first of November! Bring on the holiday craziness!!

After a friend posted in a group about setting goals for the month, I decided that I wanted to practice self-care more by exercising at least 20 minutes per day. This will be big for me because... I DO NOT like to sweat! So, we'll see how this pans out.

Piggy-backing onto self-care, something that I've always enjoyed doing is writing. I'm not great, but I'm not awful at it either. I figure maybe the more I do it, the better I'll become? Sooooo... I've decided to challenge myself to blog once a day for the month of November.

My prompt for today is 20 Facts About Me:

1. I met my husband through one of my roommates in college. When we started dating, he had my dad as a professor. That wasn't awkward for him at all...

2. I'm a proud mom to 2 wonderful boys. Becoming a mom was by far, one of the most rewarding things in my life. My kids are my life.

3. When I write on paper, I print everything in all caps. When I sign my name, I write in cursive. Once in a blue moon, I'll write everything in cursive... and then I get a hand cramp.

4. I'm a photographer when time allows. My entire life, I've looked at the world through an imaginary camera. I find small details, textures, or landscapes that someone else probably wouldn't look at twice. Black & white photos are my favorite. However, I've purposely slowed down taking pictures due to free time being sparse, and family time, to me, is more important.

5. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. So can my grandma and my youngest son.

6. I love all things baby. My youngest son refers to me as "the baby whisperer". You hand me a crying baby, and I can calm them down/put them to sleep.

7. I don't like to end things on odd numbers. #quirky

8. I have fibromyalgia. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns.

9. I'm actually quite shy and introverted. I like to observe situations/people before I jump in with interactions. And if we interact, I'm majestically awkward -- you've been warned. However, if I'm comfortable around you, I'll talk your legs off & am a total goofball.

10. I want to go to Paris. I dream about being there at least once a week... it's weird. I can only speak like 4 phrases in French that I learned in 6th grade (Thanks, Mrs. Scarcelli!). Good luck to me!

11. I am at my most relaxed state when on a beach. I love the ocean, but I am a water snob. I need to be able to see to the bottom. Y'know, so I can see what's about to bite my leg off? HA! Same rule applies to lakes.

12. I love to scuba dive. It's so peaceful, and you see something new each time you go.

13. I can't stand the taste of Dr. Pepper. Actually, I don't really drink pop (or Coke, or soda... depending on where you're from).

14. I love convertibles. I love the feel of the top down, sun shining in, radio blasting, and wind in my hair. That's an instant stress-reliever for me.

15. I don't really like idle chit-chat (introvert problems). If I let you into my life, I want to know everything about you, not just surface stuff.

16. I have one tattoo. I never thought I'd get one because it's really "not me", but it's of 3 daisies I've doodled my whole life. I was going through a rough patch at the time, and it now reminds me to never give up.

17. I changed my major 3 times in college... Advertising, Hotel Management, and I ended up in Aviation Management. Side note: I've never enjoyed school. Ever. My husband, on the other hand, LOVED school, which is probably the reason he was valedictorian of his high school class & I was not. lol!

18. I make my bed and vacuum my TV room every day. If I don't, my head might explode. The rest of my house is a different story. lol!

19. I love taking naps. One of my cats loves to take naps with me. If you find the two of us in a sunbeam, we're worthless.

20. I have an unhealthy love for Sharpie markers. Give me ALLLLLL the markers!

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom