Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Friday, November 02, 2018

Day 2 -- My Favorite Quote

Well geez, way to stump me on the second day... the prompt for today is My Favorite Quote. It's not that I don't have one, because I do. It's that I'm not sure I can narrow it down to just one! So, maybe I'll break them into categories. Look at me breaking the rules already. #rebel

My life verse:
"Blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of 
what had been spoken to her by the Lord." 
-- Luke 1:45


When I'm feeling overwhelmed:
A poem called "Don't Quit". This was introduced to me by one of my best friends from high school who passed away. You see, at the time, she was battling lung cancer. She had this framed by her bed, and she read it every single day. She fought cancer for much longer than any of the doctors anticipated, and I truly believe this was a contributing factor.

DON'T QUIT
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low and the debts are high;
And you want to smile but you have to sigh.
When all is pressing you down a bit --
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint on the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are;
It may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit --
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.
-- John Greenleaf Whittier


When I'm feeling restless with myself:
"For what it's worth: It's never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over." 
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Use me, God. Show me how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a purpose greater than myself." 
-- Martin Luther King Jr.


I think these should be sufficient for today. What are some of your favorite quotes?

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom