Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Monday, November 12, 2018

Day 11 -- Photo of My Handwriting

Today's prompt is... Photo of My Handwriting

This is an easy one!

I've always sort of taken pride in my handwriting. I've always taken the time to make it neat -- guess I'll never be a doctor, huh?

Funny story, when I was in 2nd grade, I had been sick with a cough. My mom didn't want me to go outside for recess that day, but forgot to write me a note to take in to my teacher. Knowing I had "neat" handwriting, I decided to write my own note... in pencil, on flowery orange stationary, on the bus on the way to school. Totally legit, right? Needless to say, my teacher wasn't buying it, and sent me outside anyway. Gosh, I just can't imagine why my teacher didn't think my mom had written that. 😂

In college, I sort of broke away from writing everything in cursive. I found that I could print faster than I could write cursive for note-taking. And somehow I morphed regular printing to just doing everything in all caps (#evolution). I can't say it was always neat, but I could at least catch the gist.

Don't get me wrong, I still bust out the cursive every now & then, but I'll be honest, it gives me a hand cramp! lol!

These written verses are twofold... they're some of my favorites, and I'm horrible with memorization, so I'm trying to completely memorize them, and, I've written them both ways. The more I write things, the more I remember them. Printed and cursive.

So, here is my handwriting... in all its glory.

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom