Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Day 13 -- What Am I Good At Doing?

Today's prompt is... What Am I Good At Doing?

I had to really sit down and think about this one. I mean, does anyone think they're really good at something? I can always think of people that are better at things than me. 

But here are my talents:

1. Planning. I can plan out any event, trip, day... whatever. There's about a 98% chance there will likely be a spreadsheet, because man, I love me a good spreadsheet. #nerdygirlproblems 

And there will always be Post-It notes... everywhere. They're my brain. Ask my family, they're stuck everywhere around our house! On the fridge, cabinets, bathroom mirrors... all places where people see them. 

2. Making lists. This is how my brain works. I am a very visual person, and well, my brain is like swiss cheese. SO, I need reminders that I can see. See the mention of Post-It notes in #1. 😉

3. Cooking. If given the time, I could really whip out some great things. However, day-to-day life usually gets in the way, so we usually just have the same 'ol stuff each week. But food is sort of my love language to others. I love looking through, wait for it, actual COOKBOOKS (gasp!). I enjoy cooking for other people & taking care of them. 

4. Saving Money. It's sort of like a game to me. I don't like to pay full price for just about ANYTHING. Call me cheap, I really don't care. 

For groceries, Aldi is my jam. I take my list & get whatever I can there, then I get the rest at Kroger. Between cutting my bill in half at Aldi, and digital coupons at Kroger, and using the Kroger Visa credit card, sometimes... they pay ME to shop! It's awesome. 

For vacations, we shop around for hotels, use reward points from hotel chains, pack extra food for breakfast (so we can eat in our room), etc. By doing these little things to save, we are able to have more "experiences" on vacation: snorkeling/scuba diving, excursions, souvenirs, etc... 

There may be more things, and there may not, but these are the things that came to my mind that I think I'm halfway decent at doing. 😊
           

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom