Hoke Family

Hoke Family

Monday, November 12, 2018

Day 12 -- Meaning Behind My Blog Name

Today's prompt is... Meaning Behind My Blog Name (Livin' la vida Hoke-a)

I wish the answer to this was something deep and profound. But it's not.

Because I live my life being the eternal goofball most of the time, I really try to make life fun. A fun blog name seemed to be the logical choice, right?

But do you know that there aren't a lot of things that rhyme or go with the last name of HOKE. I mean, there's joke, and poke, but I couldn't come up with something witty. Being that my brain is chock full 'o random song lyrics, I thought maybe that could be the answer. And you know what? That's what I went with!

Do you remember the song Livin la Vida Loca by Ricky Martin? (P.S. I own no rights to this song. I'm just using it for explanation, and well, nostalgia.)



The Spanish-to-English translation means: living the crazy life. If that doesn't suit the Hoke family, I'm not sure what does! So, using the play on words, I replaced Loca with Hoke-a. Get it?

Anyway, there it is! Nothing cosmic. Nothing deep & profound. Just goofy. And fully explains our family!

And, you're welcome for the song now going through your head for the rest of today. 😂

No comments:

Ramblings from a Midwest Mom