The prompt for today is... Ways To Win My Heart.
1. Bring me flowers just because. I'm not talking a huge professional bouquet or anything. Daisies, Hyacinths, Tulips, or Roses. Doesn't have to be fancy, but I love looking at them. The only exception here is for Valentine's Day, and then forget the flowers -- they're overpriced.
2. Well, food is always a good choice. Chips & Queso, Doritos, Peanut Butter M&M's, Twizzlers, and Blue Bell Vanilla Bean ice cream are some of my favorites. I'm not a dainty "I'll just have this salad & water" eater. Bring on the tailgate food. Bring on meat & potatoes. Just bring food.
3. Tell me I've done something right or well. I'm a stay-at-home-mom. We don't get a lot of "good job" or "way to go" comments. Things just get done & you go on with life... which is usually fine. Just every now & then, it's nice to hear that you're doing something right. After reading "The 5 Love Languages" book by Gary Chapman, I found that my love language is words of affirmation. So, there you go.
4. Keep me fed -- I get "hangry", like Betty White needs a Snickers, hangry. Or, see #2. I'm sensing a food pattern here. Hmmm...
5. Send me a text, message, card, smoke signal, whatever... just to say "hi". I mean, who doesn't like to know they're being thought of from time to time, right? Sometimes I wake up with someone on my mind and heart, and I try to shoot them a text letting them know that I'm thinking of them.
6. Clean up the dishes from dinner. I love to cook, I just don't enjoy cleaning it all up.
What are some ways to win YOUR heart?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ramblings from a Midwest Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment