Wow. This is going to be difficult, mainly because I rarely listen to the actual radio, or anything current, really. I'm a victim of set playlists on my phone, 80's on 8, 90's on 9, HairNation, and a list of others on satellite radio. And let's be honest, my taste in music is ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE. and not always appropriate. Please don't judge me on the music I listen to! And I'll just admit it right now though, I'm totally stuck in the 80's and 90's for most of my music choices. I can't help it.
So, maybe I'll break it down into music categories? Once again, look at me being a rebel. Ha! These are just songs that put a smile on my face, make me have a little pep in my step, make me feel like a badass (because I'm so not a badass in real life), what have you... and more than likely, there is very little current music.
COUNTRY
"Feel Like A Rock Star" -- Kenny Chesney; "Redneck Woman" -- Gretchen Wilson;"T-R-O-U-B-L-E" -- Travis Tritt; "Rough & Ready" -- Trace Adkins; "The Wind" -- Zac Brown Band
80's HAIR BANDS
"Thunderstruck" -- AC/DC; "Animal" -- Def Leppard; "Rag Doll" -- Aerosmith; "Dr. Feelgood" -- Motley Crue; "Still Of The Night" -- Whitesnake; "Lick It Up" -- KISS
OLD-SCHOOL RAP & HIP HOP
"It's Tricky" -- Run DMC; "Shoop" -- Salt 'n' Pepa; "Beats To The Rhyme" -- Run DMC; "Going Back To Cali" -- LL Cool J; "Motownphilly" -- Boys II Men; "Joy & Pain" -- Rob Base & DJ Easy Rock
"I'M RUNNING & NEED TO PICK UP THE PACE"
"Master of Puppets" -- Metallica; "What You Waiting For?" -- Gwen Stefani; "One" -- Metallica
"I'M DANCING ON THE TREADMILL WHILE I WALK/RUN BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE TO EXERCISE, SO I'M TRYING TO MAKE IT FUN"
"Party Up (Up in Here)" -- DMX; "Me Too" -- Meghan Trainor; "Perm" -- Bruno Mars; "Land of 1000 Dances" -- Wilson Pickett; "Love Train" -- The O'Jays
70's RELIVING MY CHILDHOOD
"Fox On The Run" -- Sweet; "Bohemian Rhapsody" -- Queen; "Band On The Run" -- Paul McCartney and Wings; "Yellow Brick Road" -- Elton John; "Goodbye Stranger" -- Supertramp
CHRISTIAN
"Indescribable" -- Chris Tomlin; "Soul On Fire" -- Third Day; "My Story" -- Big Daddy Weave; "Holy Spirit" -- Francesca Battistelli; "Dear Younger Me" -- MercyMe
80's REGULAR
"The Stroke" -- Billy Squier; "Rapture" -- Blondie; "Make Me Lose Control" -- Eric Carmen; "Rock The Casbah" -- The Clash; "Freeze Frame" -- J Geils Band; "Sweetheart" -- Frankie & The Knockouts; "Whirly Girl" -- Oxo; "Walk Like An Egyptian" -- The BanglesThe 70's list? Most of those were always playing from my brother & sister's stereos in their rooms. I distinctively remember listening to "Band On The Run" on my sister's stereo, complete with the giant headphones, while jumping on my her bed. I wasn't supposed to be jumping on her bed, but I did anyway. The 80's Hair Bands? That's high school for me... driving in my big whale of a convertible. I wore out 3 of Motley Crue's "Dr. Feelgood" cassettes. THREE. The "I'm Running & Need To Pick Up The Pace" list? There was a time not too long ago when I ran half-marathons. Those 3 songs were sprinkled into my playlist so if I had slowed down, I'd hear one & get back on pace.
So there's little peek into my warped music world. Like I said, I'm all over the place, but hey, maybe there are some songs on here that you've never heard! Look them up. Listen to them. Music has a wonderful way of transporting you through time. And the minute you hear a familiar song, you can remember exactly where you were at one point in time... and I think that's pretty darn cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment